Carrying supplies into the "jungle" for a women's house to be built (she is a member of a church near the beach)
Boys working together to carry cement bags across the bridge Happy Monday!!!
Early morning prayer walk
Hello to all! This is Alex Shevock reporting from El Salvador!
There are so many exciting things happening in El Salvador which makes it a little difficult to condense all that God is doing into words, but I will try!
The Campos Blancos ministry is booming as God allows us to go into seven different neighborhoods within a few miles of church every Sunday to bring His Word to the unreached. With the support of Gaius, we have been able to bus these same kids into church for our midweek service. Every week, the bus provides these kids an escape from their reality with the hope that The Word of God will transform their lives, and their parents. We have been transporting up to 90 kids to our mid-week service, with a total of 381 kids this past July. Praise The Lord!
- Please pray for protection over these children as many of them come from broken homes where physical and verbal abuse is rampant and that they will know the great El Roi, the God who sees them.
- Please pray for opportunities to connect with the families of these children to be able to create relationship and share Jesus.
- Please pray for continued finances for the ministry to be able to continue providing the bus and for other church activities.
This year was also the start of our CDI (a free after school discipleship program provided for these same children). Not only do we get to minister to our kids on Sundays, one day in the week, but now a handful of them joyfully arrive three afternoons a week to be discipled. Praise The Lord!! This after school program provides reinforcement with their normal homework, music classes, English classes (by yours truly), a snack, and of course, The Word of God! One of the requirements is that the parents must commit to attending church once a week for their child to be part of the program. Slowly but surely these parents are attending church and we are trusting that His Word will not return void (Isaiah 55:11) because we know that “faith comes by hearing and hearing by The Word of God” (Romans 10:17).
- Please pray for more kids to enter our program and that we can create a sponsorship program to involve the body of Christ in directing these children towards Christ.
- Please pray for the Holy Spirit to guide the teachers in the CDI, in providing the discipleship God wants for these children as we help them walk through life.